So this is a quick and easy dinner that taste yummy. It is a bit altered from the one I found online because where is the fun in just following a recipe.
- 3 Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Can of Rotel
- 1 Can of Corn
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Pickled Jalapenos (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 1 Package of Cornbread
- Boil the chicken until fully cooked. Then shred the chicken up.
- Mix together the shredded chicken, cheese, Black Beans, Rotel, Corn, Cumin, Chili Powder, Jalapenos, and Jalapeno juice and spread out across a baking dish.
- Prepare the Cornbread mixture by the package, but don’t bake it. Pour this mixture over the baking dish and level it out.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until the cornbread is a golden brown.
- Remove and enjoy with perhaps a dollop of sour cream, some extra cheese, salsa, or what ever floats your boat.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
So Today I had a little bit of fun and made a faux Tex-Mex Chicken with a potato cake on the side. I have to admit that I did get the majority of the recipe from the CIA cook book. This one is really simple and tasted quite yummy.
You will first marinate the chicken breast in the following solution.
4 (f) oz Vegetable Oil
2 (f) oz Red Wine Vinegar
2 (f) oz Lime juice
2 Tablespoons of chopped Cilantro
1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of chopped Jalapenos
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Marinate for a minimum of two hours and Bake at 400 degrees until fully cooked.
Now this one is completely my idea… I just added two of my favorite ingrediants.
4 Potatoes Skinned and Sliced
8 oz of Monterrey Jack Cheese (Shredded)
1 teaspoon of chopped Cilantro
6 Slices of Jalapeno for presentation
Place one layer of the potatoes on a buttered skillet and cook them for about a minute or so, Not so they are fully cooked but just so they get a bit of brown. layer these on the bottom of a glass pie plate, now spread 1/2 of the Monterrey Cheese across the potatoes. Gently spread the cilantro on top of this layer of cheese. Do the same thing for the other half of the potatoes and place them on top of the rest. Now spread the renaming cheese and place the Jalapenos on top so that they look nice. Place in oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.